Комментарий Программного комитета:
Разработчики об этом слышали, но не использовали, тестировщики не слышали, но используют. Подробный доклад об автоматизации тестирования Android-приложений нативными инструментами со всех сторон, сравнение их между собой, tips & hints.
8/10 developers don’t really know how to test their apps and write testable code. From practically writing code to test genuine production level scenarios with different approaches to incredibly optimising your tests cases, we will see what’s new in Android Test Support Library 1.0 and how to test on multiple devices:
- important testing guidelines;
- Espresso and Robolectric (in and out, crisp and to the point);
- making code highly testable using MVVM, repository pattern and data binding and Dagger 2.
- genuine production level scenarios testing demos;
- common mistakes made by developers resulting in inefficient test driven development which leads to de-prioritization of TDD :( ;
will be showing this with the following three approaches using Dagger 2:
a. using Robolectric (JVM based without needing a device or emulator)
- b. using Espresso (unit instrumentation tests)
c. testing the ViewModel (purely JVM based)
performance analysis of these testing techniques; which one to choose and when;
- testing on multiple devices;
- testing migrations and queries in Room DB;
- lots and lots of code snippets.
Kapil’s in depth and highly informative talks on Test Driven Development have been getting selected at International Conferences like DroidCon Beijing 2017, Android makers 2018, DroidKaigi Tokyo, Developers Conference Mauritius.
He has also spoken on emerging Android technologies at Google Devfest India, Google Developer Days Extended, the Great IndianDeveloper Summit and other conferences in India and has got an overwhelmingly amazing response.
He is currently working at BlackBuck which is redefining the logistics landscape of India, making it reliable and efficient.